Re: bottom half

On Fri 19 Jun 2015 at 11:45:40 +0200, Edgar Fuß wrote:
> To eleborate, as I seem to have been too cryptic in my references: I learned
> the terms top and bottom half from "The Design and Implementation of the
> 4.4BSD Operating System" by McKusick, Bostic, Karels and Quaterman. The
> text on page 51 explains "The bottom half of the kernel comprises routines
> that are invoked to handle hardware interrupts." and the figure 3.1 above
> explains "Never scheduled, cannot block. Runs on kernel stack in kernel
> address space."

For reference:

- the same book with 4.3 in the title has the same Figure 3.1, but on
  page 44.
- the same book with FreeBSD in the title has the same Figure 3.1, also
  on page 51.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'