Re: VOP_PUTPAGE ignores mount_nfs -o soft,intr

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

> "tstile" is a generic wait channel used by cv_wait().
> Any code using cv_wait() could end up stuck here, so your problem
> may be completely unrelated to vnodes ... or even if it's related
> to vnodes, is may be a different issue.

The case I describe with a NFS server that has gone can also happen with
failed harware: ioflush awaits completion forever while holding a vnode
lock, and any other process that wants a lock on the vnode gets stuck in
tstile.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz