Re: 82801G_HDA in hdaudiodevs

On 14/06/15 13:48, Robert Millan wrote:
El 14/06/15 a les 15:10, Antti Kantee ha escrit:
2) hdaudio doesn't work on a regular NetBSD installation under qemu
(and probably virtualbox too, though I didn't test with virtualbox)

Just FTR, I had trouble with auich(8) + Rump + Linux-UIO not propagating
interrupts on Virtualbox due to shared IRQs.

I suspect it might be a Virtualbox bug, as I couldn't reproduce the
problem anywhere other than Vbox, and I didn't
investigate further as I found a simple workaround (attached, maybe
someone will find it useful).

uio_pci_generic+interrupts is not a happy place. For example, the maintainers have refused patches to enable MSI because it would make in-kernel uio driver useful. well, maybe the rejection wasn't quite phrased like that, but that was the essence.

Ok, interrupts aren't a happy place, but now we're getting sidetracked ;)