Re: (patch) Improved documentation and examples of dynamic modules

On Mon, 11 May 2015, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:

I'm OK with this.
Could you please integrate my patch this way with src/sys?

The modules have been committed.

I'm attaching a small patch for the man-pages. It's:
- adding new linked pages for MODULE(9) -> module(9), modcmd(9) -> module(9)
 and uio(9) -> uiomove(9),
- including lua(9lua) reference in module(9).

I'm not so sure about the extra links. Certainly you should be able to find the right man pages with apropos?

'apropos -C -9 MODULE'		first result it module(9)
'apropos modcmd'		returns only one result - module(9)
'apropos uio'			first returned result is uiomove(9)

I think it will be reasonable to add the lua cross reference. But it goes at the the end of the list. Sort order for SEE ALSO used the section number as the most significant sort field, then lexicograhpic (alphabetic) sort on the name. :)

I have a request to back-port it to NetBSD-7 as I want to depend on their
existence. Thanks!

I have requested a pull-up for 7.0.

| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org  |