vm_map hangs with netbsd-6

Hi,

I'm experiencing situations, where my Shark, updated to 6.1.5,  can't exec or fork
or otherwise change the mappings of processes anymore. E.g. I start

date

in a pre-exsiting shell, and the process hangs in vm_map forever. Especially annoying
is that killing other processes hangs, too, so the only fix is to
hardware reset, including full fsck.

Culprit is the kernel; same problem before updating userland!

The machine was rock stable with netbsd-5.1.3

I've heard the suspicion that his is not Shark-specific, but applies to other
small-vm-space (32bit) architectures, too; I've not seen it elsewhere.

Ideas?

[Actually, I would have rebooted into a -5 but I updated mistakenly userland, too...

	-is