Re: Making dhcpcd work on diskless clients

Roy Marples <roy%marples.name@localhost> writes:

> I don't fully understand what you are saying. But do you have an idea of
> how this can be fixed then without dhcpcd having to learn the routing
> table at load time?

It seems to me that on a diskless client, the only really sound approach
is to ensure that the DHCP client startup does not change the address
and subnet route (and maybe the default route).  That requires a process
of checking the routes and fixing if different, vs remove/add.  That
might not be too hard, to be able to go an RTM_GET and look at the
result.

Another approach, on a bit shakier ground, but probably adequate, would
be to have code that just reads the entire text segment (and shlibs, I
guess) before doing anything.