/proc/sys/kernel/osrelease patch

[Changing the topic from "Re: status of Linux ptrace on amd64?"]

Christos Zoulas wrote:
> On Dec 4, 10:15am, manu%netbsd.org@localhost (Emmanuel Dreyfus) wrote:
> | That looks fine. Any other reviewer?
>
> The code in the PFSsyskern and PFSsys can be factored out to a function
> (and used perhaps by other directories with single entries).

The procfs code has a mini framework for static entries but it's
limited to the root directory only. Extending it would be a better
approach I think but it would require more work.

> nm[0] assignment can move outside the if like nm[3].

I'd like to move two almost identical copies of the code in
procfs_doversion() and procfs_doosrelease() to a new helper
function. I'll check if your still comment applies after the
change.

Alex