Re: Unallocated inode

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 08:42:29AM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> On Nov 25,  1:22pm, stix%stix.id.au@localhost (Paul Ripke) wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: Unallocated inode
>
> | On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 08:01:57PM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> | > On Nov 25, 10:59am, stix%stix.id.au@localhost (Paul Ripke) wrote:
> | > -- Subject: Re: Unallocated inode

> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

s/touched/written to/

> | > Is that inode accessible from the filesystem? Can you reproduce this
> | > running find on that subtree?
> |
> | Nope, it's inaccessible - again, it was the daily security reports
> | that alerted me:
> |
> | slave:ksh$ find /home/tmp > /dev/null
> | find: /home/tmp/badfile: Bad file descriptor
> |
> | (I renamed the inaccessible file into a convenient location as I
> | couldn't figure out in 10 seconds how to cd thru directories with
> | spaces in the names in fsdb...)
>
> Looks like a filesystem race/bug, but i am not sure what your usage
> pattern is that triggers it.

That's my hunch... while it's just a home server with a lot of junk
running in that filesystem, as yet all files I've seen with corrupted
inodes would've either last been touched by mediatomb doing its regular
filesystem scan for changed files, and/or possibly simultaneously with
rsync update of netbsd src repo. All the corrupted inodes would have been
either cold, with no updates apart from perhaps atime, or being updated
by rsync.

--
Paul Ripke
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds