Re: struct ifnet and ifaddr handling [was: Re: Making global variables of if.c MPSAFE]

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Ryota Ozaki <ozaki-r%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
(snip)
>> I see.  Ugh.  OK, at the very least, you should write a big scary
>> comment among the locking rules for the ifnet list that explains these
>> constraints and lays out the roadmap for obviating them.
>
> Sorry for that. I'll describe about that.

(snip)
>>    >    Yes. I'm implementing a facility of the latter for ifunit:
>>    >    http://www.netbsd.org/~ozaki-r/ifget-ifput.diff
>>    >
>>    > Looks a little better.  Have you written down the locking scheme and
>>    > rules for usage?
>>
>>    ifget/ifput are ifunit with reference counting. To use them, we need to
>>    [...]
>>
>> Don't just tell me -- write the rules down in comments around the
>> relevant code!  (I will take a closer look later.)
>
> I'll describe it too.

- http://www.netbsd.org/~ozaki-r/psz-ifnet.diff
- http://www.netbsd.org/~ozaki-r/ifget-ifput.diff

I added some descriptions of lock rules for ifnet and ifget/ifput.
The code isn't updated this time.

Thanks,
  ozaki-r