Re: ffsv2 extattr support

Hi,

Emmanuel Dreyfus :
> format as FFSv1

That would be newfs -O 1 ? After disklabel ? (I will start with an
empty qemu disk.)
Up to now, it was always the installation software which formatted
my NetBSD disks. Let's hope the manual will guide me through this.

> mount -o extattr

I will try to achieve this when i got my new 6.99.44 installation
complete.

Meanwhile i have tested the FreeBSD-specific code with NetBSD
on a default filesystem (FFSv2 ?).
It works so far, but the reaction on non-extattr filesystems is
too harsh. I'll have to better distinguish filesystems without
extattr support from read problems with individual files.

Is there a global indication (in userspace) whether a mounted
filesystem supports extattr ? statvfs(2) seems not to tell.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas