Re: Boot with no working console?

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 12:01:18PM -0700, Konrad Schroder wrote:
> I have an PC Engines APU1C that I've been trying to boot into NetBSD.
> The problem is that it has no frame buffer hardware at all, and the
> serial ports, as far as I can tell, don't work (either with the
> bootloader or with the kernel, though BIOS interaction works well enough
> on com0).
I boot NetBSD-current both from SDHC and mSATA without problems and
the console on com0 is normal (115200,n,1). Make sure you do a

    installboot -v -oconsole=com0,speed=115200,timeout=5 \
        /dev/rwd0a /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffsv2

or similar to get the right speed. I've put the dmesgs up on

    http://netbsd.org/~ast/PCEngines_APU1/

could it be that the PXE boot stuff is not setting the right speed?

Adrian