Re: serious performance regression in .41

In article <EEDF5103-8642-4621-8823-7ACA25CD2393%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost>,
J. Hannken-Illjes <hannken%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost> wrote:
>On 24 May 2014, at 20:16, Christos Zoulas <christos%astron.com@localhost>
>wrote:
>
>> In article <B06BA1F3-EBB6-414B-A27F-16F1395EEE1C%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost>,
>> J. Hannken-Illjes <hannken%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost> wrote:
>>>
>>> Why didn't you commit it then?
>>
>> I just did.
>
>I mean this: "selector and context should be passed to
>vfs_vnode_iterator_init as they are invariant."
>
>Call as
>
>vfs_vnode_iterator_init(mp, vip, selector, context)  and
>vfs_vnode_iterator_next(vi)
>
>to make it more clear the selector and context are invariant.

I tried...

Unfortunately this introduces a lot more complexity for little benefit.
In order to do this "right", one needs either to pass the size of the context
to the init function, so init can allocate it, or it needs to allocate
it itself (I don't consider the alternative (init, next and destroy to have
scope limitations) a good idea. Nevertheless, we'll need to call malloc
somehow...

christos