Re: The root partition inside a slice.

On 2014-05-19 09:59, Ilia Zykov wrote:
Hello.

Maybe, anybody can add to the boot.cfg(5) a one more sample.

menu=Boot from "/" on hd0e and "/var" on hd0a:rndseed
/db/entropy-file;dev hd0e:; boot

Ilia.

You can also specify a disklabel partition prefix in the rndseed file specification. So, in your case this might also work:

menu=Boot from "/" on hd0e and "/var" on hd0a:rndseed hd0a:/db/entropy-file;dev hd0e:;boot

Also, I noticed that there is a space before 'boot' in your case. IIRC, that caused me boot issues in the past.

Cheers,
Toby