Re: physio split the request.. cannot proceed

On Wed, Dec 25, 2013 at 08:07:16PM +0100, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:

> > I also notice it has its own minphys() method which _should be_
> > constraining the size of this transfer (since it should be the minphys
> > on the scsipi channel) but seemingly is not!  That's also worrisome.
>
> The OpenBSD version just uses scsi_minphys.

Well, that's wrong.  Impossible to get the actual max transfer size
right that way.  So in that respect we are better.  But what bothers me
is why with our version of the driver, a large transfer is ever making
it down to the bus_dma code -- the driver's minphys method as it is
currently in our driver should be chopping it up into 64K pieces.  (I
realize that's not what you want, but by reading the code it is what
should be happening, so there is something going on that we do not
understand).