Re: physio split the request.. cannot proceed

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 11:23:28AM +0100, J. Hannken-Illjes wrote:
> On Dec 23, 2013, at 11:15 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost>
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 11:11:10AM +0100, J. Hannken-Illjes wrote:
> >> In short: tape records bigger than MAXPHYS (most time 64k) don't work.
> >
> > Is it a NetBSD limitation that should be fixed in NetBSD, or an non standard
> > assumption from LTFS that should be fixed in LTFS?
>
> It is a NetBSD limitation -- there is a branch `tls-maxphys' but it
> doesn't address st.c (yet).

Actually, it seems that it does.  The tape read, write, and ioctl commands
use the minphys routine from the adapter, so you should be able to test
with tls-maxphys and see what happens (you may need to adjust your
adapter driver if it's one I haven't got to yet -- and note some of
the LSI cards are weird, seemingly supporting a strange maximum transfer
size of 192K).

Thor