re: Problem with autounload of nfsserver module

> > i don't see any utility in having nfs server auto unload.
>
> It's no different than any other auto-loaded module, such as compat.  If
> a module is auto-loaded, the system makes a single attempt (after an
> appropriate timeout) to auto-unload.  The module is notified and given
> an opportunity to prevent the unload.

right, that's my whole point.

what's the real benefit to the end user for having these modules
use auto unload?  mostly they seem to present bugs we have to fix
(which is good for fixing bugs, but annoying for users), instead
of actually being useful.  i don't consider the minor memory
savings to be a real consideration here.

i've long thought we should not auto unload by default.

.mrg.