Re: ptrdiff_t in the kernel

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 10:13:14AM -0600, David Young wrote:
 > I would prefer for this to suffice both for the kernel and userland:
 >
 >      #include <stdbool.h>    /* for bool */
 >      #include <stddef.h>  /* for size_t */
 >
 > ISTM that the reasons things are not that simple are merely historical
 > reasons, but I am open to other explanations.

Doing this in a sane way requires a fairly large directory reorg. This
is something that I am going to do once we have SCM rename support and
don't really want to begin on until then.

(Well, "requires", in the sense that we could create src/sys/include
and put some stuff there without doing the full cleanup to move
src/sys/sys to src/sys/include/sys, or stop sharing sys/*.h directly
between kernel and userland. But I don't think this is a good idea --
the kernel include namespace is confusing enough as it is.)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost