Re: [patch] changing lua_Number to int64_t

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 8:39 PM, Lourival Vieira Neto
<lourival.neto%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Well, I don't think I fully understood that; mainly because I'm not
> aware about Lua 5.3. It will provide two number types for the scripts?
> Or you are just talking about lua_Integer type on the C-side. Lua 5.1
> already has a lua_Integer type that is defined as ptrdiff_t.

Yes that is correct, so 2 will be integer and 5.3 float, operations
will be defined in terms of how they convert, so there will be int and
float division. The draft manual is here
http://www.lua.org/work/doc/manual.html (see 3.4.1). This will not
happen for a while, but it will make it much easier in future for
interfaces like the kernel that need 64 bit int support, which is why
it is being implemented. So not being compatible with this seems a
mistake.

Justin