pulse-per-second API status

I just got a Navisys GR601-W GPS receiver, which provides a PPS signal
on DCD via a PL2303.  Looking into using it with ntpd and gpsd on
NetBSD, a bit of work is needed.  This note describes my impressions of
what's needed; please let me know if I'm off or if any of this is
controversial.

* sys/timepps.h

NetBSD has sys/timepps.h for RFC2783 support, but the comments reference
an older internet-draft.  So it needs to be checked for conformance and
at least the comments updated.

* compare with FreeBSD and OpenBSD

It's likely pps support in FreeBSD is better, and this needs checking as
it should be easy to snarf the improvements.

* ucom(4) needs pps support

On -5, trying to use pps on a 16450 serial line (i386) to which no PPS
is connected appears to work right.  But the ioctls error on ucom(4)
interfaces.