Re: mknodat(2) device argument type change

In article <20131006174052.GA27386%lynche.sis.pasteur.fr@localhost>,
Nicolas Joly  <njoly%pasteur.fr@localhost> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Checking syscalls.master mknodat(2) definition needs to be updated for
>correct device argument type. It currently use uint32_t where it
>should be dev_t ...
>
>460     STD  RUMP       { int|sys||mknodat(int fd, const char *path, \
>                            mode_t mode, uint32_t dev); }
>
>Simply changing the argument type does not seems enough ... It, at
>least, needs an extra special PAD argument for proper alignment :
>
>460     STD  RUMP       { int|sys||mknodat(int fd, const char *path, \
>                            mode_t mode, int PAD, dev_t dev); }
>
>What's next ?

While putting PAD there is strictly more correct, since dev_t is 64 bits now
mknod does not do that... I would also say just make the change, because
probably nothing uses it yet, and it is not worth it to burn a syscall
number and add more compat code for something that has not been used...

christos