Re: Sending ATA commands?

On Aug 11,  9:47pm, Matt Thomas wrote:
} Subject: Re: Sending ATA commands?
}
} On Aug 11, 2013, at 9:37 PM, Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost>
wrote:
}
} >> [...], I wonder if you could attach the HPA area as an additional
} >> partition on the default disklabel, or, if the disk is gpt
} >> partitioned, fake up another partition in the gpt table.
} >
} > I don't see any reason why not.  I'm not sure whether you're proposing
} > that the HPA not be accessible any other way or whether this is just a
} > default.
}
} or make it a ld device attached to the wd device.

        Hello.  That is a solution that gets around the entire problem of
magic partitions and the like.  And, ld(4) exists in all versions of NetBSD
we're interested in.

-Brian