Re: NFS over-quota not detected if utimes() called before fsync()/close()

On Sat, 06 Jul 2013, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
But I would expect close() to do an implicit fsync() as well, and return the error if the implicit fsync() didn't succeed (but still closing the file). As I already mentionned, linux behaves this way, and I guess applications expects this behavior.

I would not expect close() to implicitly fsync() the file, and I do not think that NetBSD does so. If the application wants fsync-like behaviour then I think the application should call fsync().

--apb (Alan Barrett)