Re: [Milkymist port] virtual memory management

On Wed 29 May 2013 at 19:51:15 +0200, Yann Sionneau wrote:
> 1°) some code somewhere generates an I(nstruction) TLB miss in the
> MMU, this leads to a CPU exception, CPU then branches immediately to
> the "ITLB miss" exception vector.

(Side issue I've been wondering about: Why does almost everybody these
days call their Address Translation Cache now Translation Lookaside
Buffer?  Why prefer vague IBM terminology over a clear Motorola term?)

To respond to your question: the easiest is probably to reserve a couple
of cache entries for essential must-never-trap code and data address
ranges.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'