Re: Periodic clock synchronization in vmt(4)

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 5:32 AM, Iain Hibbert <plunky%ogmig.net@localhost>
wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Mar 2013, Julio Merino wrote:
>
>> Could anyone please review the attached patch?  It appears to work as
>> intended, but the sysctl API is really confusing and I don't know if
>> I got all details right.
>
> seems ok but as you make the machdep.vmt.clock_sync.period node, what
> happens if more than one vmt device attaches?  I don't know if that can
> happen of course..  for ubt(4) I made a node for each instance of the
> driver, using device_xname()

I don't think more than one vmt can attach.  It wouldn't make sense
because this driver handles global "resources" like the clock and
power events.

But what would be the right to do?  Use device_xname()?  It feels like
so, but then it doesn't make much sense as mentioned above.

> also, the description should be wrapped in SYSCTL_DESCR() I think, as I
> think it is possible to exclude them from a kernel that way.

OK, will do.

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv