Re: kcpuset(9) questions

Matt Thomas <matt%3am-software.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Feb 3, 2013, at 3:33 PM, Mindaugas Rasiukevicius wrote:
>
> > Any reason why do you need bitfield based iteration, as opposed to list
> > or array based?
>
> Be nice to have a MI method instead a hodgepodge of MD methods.
>
> The CPU_FOREACH method is ugly.

I totally agree.  That is why couple years ago I wanted to add and convert
everything to MI replacement of struct cpu_info.  Since this work requires
intervention to all ports, it did not materialise since..  After cleaning
up the dust from ancient patches, I could put MI interface into a branch.

However, I do not think that adding ad-hoc bitfield based interface in
addition to the "ugly" one is an improvement.  Quite the opposite as then
we would need to deal with two "not great" ones.

--
Mindaugas