Re: lua(4), non-invasive and invasive parts

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 11:35:05AM +0100, Marc Balmer wrote:
> > What does this mean? Also the kernel modules using lua(4) will be
> > conditionally compiled? I think this is fairly strongly against the design
> > principles of module(7).
>
> This means that gpiosim(4) can be compiled with Lua support, if 'options
> LUA' is defined in the kernel configuration.  As Lua in the kernel is
> experimental, such a guard makes sense.

I think this has been discussed previously, the conclusion being that kernel
modules should not diverge upon changes in the kernel configuration options.

The practical case is: what happens when I try to load gpiosim(4) after
having compiled a kernel with a LUA option but not having updated
userland/modules (or vice versa)?

- Jukka.