Re: Broadcast traffic on vlans leaks into the parent interface on NetBSD-5.1

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 03:19:49PM -0800, Brian Buhrow wrote:
>       Hello.  I've just noticed an issue where broadcast traffic on vlans
> also shows up on the parent interface.  My environment is NetBSD-5.1/i386
> with the wm(4) driver.  I'm not sure yet if the problem is specific to the
> wm(4) driver or if it's a more general issue.  The bug  didn't exist in
> NetBSD-4.x.

There are some very recent messages on the Linux 'netdev' list (or
possibly the tcpdump one) about issues with vlan tags being visible
(or not) on the messages passed to tcpdump (and maybe processed
internally).
I only skim-read it so can't remember the exact issue - but it is
similar.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost