Re: Aborted Command, ahd_timeout, panic: no dir

        hello.   I think you might have been bitten by two different issues at
the same time.  The first was a hickup from the afflicted disk.  The second
was that the disk, while failing, monopolized the scsi bus so badly that
the raid driver couldn't get to the other disk in order to do the write.
The ahd(4) driver should be able to recover from this, but I've just spent
all night working on a similar failure mode with the mpt(4) driver, which
currently deals very badly with such events.  If the ahd(4) driver is  at
all similar to the mpt(4) driver in terms ofhow it deals with disk timeout
handling, then I'm pretty sure this is what's going on.  If the event
recurs, then I'd say you have a bad disk, and the firmware on the
disk is not handling the errors gracefully in terms of what it's doing
with the scsi bus.^