Re: Aborted Command, ahd_timeout, panic: no dir

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 02:34:47PM +0100, Edgar Fuß wrote:
> Can anyone make sense out of the following sequence of events (on 4.0, I have
> to admit)?

> After a reboot, sd0 didn't respond fully (i.e. the SCSI BIOS reported the
> drive model, but not the capacity and one couldn't boot from it) until I
> pulled out its SCA tray and re-plugged it.
> After that, the machine came up fine.

So the HBA was fully operational, but the disk didn't reset fully?
Assuming the SCSI BUS reset code is in ahd is ok, I'd think about one
of:

- cable/connector not fully connected, broken wire/half-broken pin or
similar (ahd does SCSI over parallel SCSI cable, right?)

- disk didn't reset fully, and was in a half-wake electronic state.
In the latter case, I'd consider the power supply capacity, among
other sources of the problem. Hm, semi-brownout?

        -is
--
seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/