q: named at 95% CPU while primarily compiling ghc-7.4.2, running X

Hello,
        This seems odd and very high. The ghc compilation was taking its
        time, so I thought to look at the stats.  I saw that from last
        Fri 6PM, named was running with 95% + CPU!!!?  I killed and
        restarted, and the results below are similar.

        ps -augx > named-cpu-hog

bash-4.2$ uname -a
NetBSD peano.jtcl.org 6.0_STABLE NetBSD 6.0_STABLE (Peano4 -r netbsd-6
-A -D 10/18/2012 (today) auich*) #0: Thu Oct 18 07:10:04 CDT 2012
root%peano.jtcl.org@localhost:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/Peano4 i386

bash-4.2$ uptime
 4:28PM  up 2 days, 22:58, 2 users, load averages: 1.35, 1.49, 1.48
bash-4.2$

           2 users    Load  2.15  1.81  1.61                  Mon Nov  5
16:33:21

Proc:r  d  s        Csw    Trp    Sys   Int    Sof    Flt     PAGING   SWAPPING
     1    17     136763        378013    32    106            in  out   in  out
                                                        ops
  79.4% Sy  20.6% Us   0.0% Ni   0.0% In   0.0% Id    pages
|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |
========================================>>>>>>>>>>                        forks
                                                                          fkppw
              memory totals (in kB)          132 Interrupts               fksvm
           real   virtual      free          100 cpu0 timer               pwait
Active   684376    688664    555136              ioapic0 pin 9            relck
All      970244    974532   6842780              ioapic0 pin 1            rlkok
                                              32 ioapic0 pin 12           noram
Namei         Sys-cache     Proc-cache           ioapic0 pin 16           ndcpy
    Calls     hits    %     hits     %           ioapic0 pin 14           fltcp
       43       43  100                          ioapic0 pin 15           zfod
                                                 ioapic0 pin 7            cow
Disks:   sd0   wd0   cd0                                              256 fmin
 seeks                                                                341 ftarg
 xfers                                                                    itarg
 bytes                                                               1550 wired
 %busy                                                                    pdfre
                                                                          pdscn
  I can rebuild from new cvs pull when I get to it, but I have no
        set of tools built up for analyzing kernel and bind, named
        issues, and where to dive in.  From the 7/25/2012
        DNS security warning, I had followed the directions and added
        external/bind/dist post 7/25 in an extra step with cvs.  I did
        not with the 6.0_STABLE announcement and cvs pull. Suggestions?
        I can live with the load until I get the new ghc built and
        functioning for the job I need/want it.  Thanks in advance.

        John R. Towler
        jtowler%soncom.com@localhost