Re: suenv

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 10:32:18 -0400
Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 04:31:52PM +0200, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> > Background: libpthread is tagged as not loadable by dlopen() in
> > NetBSD-6.0. This breaks PAM modules that are linked with -lpthread
> > or that dlopen() other objects linked with -lpthread.
>
> Don't do that, then.

You appear to be ignoring the existence of the Real World. You may
write all the software you use yourself, but the majority of us do not.
If we did, this conversation wouldn't be happening. Emmanuel is making
a proposal for a mechanism which will allow him to work around a Real
World problem. I am not convinced his solution is the right one, but
that doesn't make his problem disappear. Besides, a process wanting to
use pthreads is not, itself, a bug. That there is no way for that to
happen in this case arguably is.

Julian

--
3072D/F3A66B3A Julian Yon (2012 General Use) <pgp.2012%jry.me@localhost>