Re: Raidframe and disk strategy

        hello.  Thanks for the reply.  I was just loking at the raidframe code
to determine if the queueing strategy was permanent across reboots.  Also,
I apologize Edgar, cscan is not a valid queueing strategy name. The  four
choices are: fifo, cvscan, sstf and scan.

        As to the possibility of implementing persistent disk queuing
strategies, I was thinking that the easiest way might be just to add an
option to store the letter of the queuing strategy in the component label,
and then having the autoconfigure code set the queueing strategy when it
runs during the next reboot.  You can already achieve a change to the
queuing strategy on a raid set by unconfiguring it and reconfiguring it.
(Yes, that means you have to reboot for root raid sets or raid sets that
can't be unmounted at run time, but that seems safer than trying to do this
change on the fly, especially since it isn't something one would do often
under most circumstances.)

        I've got a raid set that I use for backups that I've altered to use
the scan strategy.

Thoughts?
-Brian