Re: WAPBL/cache flush and mfi(4)

bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost (Manuel Bouyer) writes:

>Sure, but with some PERC controllers it seems there's no option
>(at last ine in the firmware's UI) to disable disk caches with SATA drives.
>It may be different with SAS drives attached.

I had a case where neither the BIOS nor the Linux command line tool
for the LSI controllers (not a PERC) were able to influence the disk
caches (i.e. they were always turned off). But a "disk managemenent suite"
(delivered as a bootable ISO) was able to change the setting.

And yes, these were SATA drives.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost