Re: SATA port multiplier support

Hi Manuel, hi folks,

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 06:01:28PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> I've been working on support for SATA port multiplier in the siisata driver
> (ahcisata should be coming soon as well, but hardware for tests is a bit
> tricky to set up). This requires some changes to the atabus layer, and I
> took the opportunity to cleanup some code there.

Nice! I recently tried out NetBSD-6_BETA2 on my LG NAS (MARVELL_NAS) that has
a mvsata(4) controller. Currently it only detects my single harddisc but ithe
machine also has a 2nd harddisc slot and a SATA DVD burner attached.i

How hard would it to implement this? Is the SATA multiplexer driver specific?
or do you need some docs on the multiplexer first?

I'd be most willing to test out some code! ;) Even if it just detects all and
only allows the 1st drive to work as it does now.

With regards,
Reinoud