Re: ENOATTR vs ENODATA

Le 30/04/12 15:57, Emmanuel Dreyfus a écrit :
Martin Husemann<martin%duskware.de@localhost>  wrote:

I don't know - you could nuke ENOATTR from NetBSD and just make the kernel
return ENODATA.

I think this is the best way : ENOATTR does not seem to exist in any
standard. We only use it in extended attribute code, and there is no
situationa system call could return ENOATTR or ENODATA.

What about backwards compat then? ENOATTR != ENODATA, so any code that used ENOATTR will now break.

I remember reading that the attribute code was non-functional, and could not be used. Are we sure that there is no other place where it could be used but for another purpose?

--
jym@