Re: rename open file loose unsync data

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> Here is my analysis of the problem so far: the kernel is nice enough to
> call puffs_vnop_fsync before puffs_vnop_rename, therefore the data
> should be sync to the file and I should not see that bug.

Erratum: adding a backtrace on puffs_vnop_fsync tells me that that call
is triggered by the unlink(2). The kernel makes no attempt to sync
before rename.

I tried to add a VOP_PUTPAGES in puffs_vnop_rename so that the dirty
page got pushed to the file before the rename, but without any success.
The VM system seems to consiser there are no dirty pages, although I did
write a few bytes in the file. I have trouble to understand why.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz