Re: Respawn crashed PUFFS filesystems?

Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:

> This could be useful in other contexts, from post-unmount cleanup in
> general to auto-remount of non-puffs filesystems.  Perhaps it's
> appropriate to add vfsctl(2), with an option which can set a "run this
> on unmount" command?  Or maybe a "wait for unmount" operation?

We could have kqueue notification for mount/unmount, and make a watcher
daemon that does execute a given command. Like we have ifwatchd, we
could have fswatched, with such a synopsis:
fswatchd [-hiqv] -m mount_script -u unmount_script target

That would not preserve ongoing operations, but at least the system
would recover much more quickly.

While we are there, there could be variants of the same program for
monitoring other kqueue notifications: pswatchd for processes, vnwachtd
for vnode...

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz