Re: CVS commit: src/sys/external/bsd/drm/dist/bsd-core

lars.heidieker%googlemail.com@localhost said:
> we should fix the inconsistent use then, the problem ist malloc(9)
> does not return page aligned memory as kmem does now, for allocations >
> = PAGE_SIZE and that break drm mmap

So I've tried to get DRM working again, both with your original
patch (modifying the drm code to use kmem_alloc), and with
a modification to kern_malloc to return page aligned memory
for allocations >=NBPG. Both ways could work.
I'm running into another problem now: KVM shortage or fragmentation.
The agp code tries a bus_dmamem_map() which calls
uvm_km_alloc(..., UVM_KMF_VAONLY)
The size is about 40MB. This request fails, and the X server
doesn't start.

Any ideas how to reduce KVA usage?

best regards
Matthias