Re: Question about tcp ephemeral ports

Hi Olaf,

> > Look into using the socket option SO_REUSEADDR.
>
> I don't think that will help.  As I understand it, that only affects ports
> that are in the TIME_WAIT state, and only when you are bind'ing a server
> to listen on that port.

I agree with Eric. I tested with SO_REUSEADDR on both client and
server sockets and it has no effect. Moreover, we can see that the
implicit call to in_pcbbind() during the PRU_CONNECT operation does
not take SO_REUSEADDR or SO_REUSEPORT in account because the "nam"
argument is NULL (I only checked that with NetBSD-5.1 code, but I
guess it's the same in current).

Olivier