Re: buffer cache & ufs changes (preliminary ffsv2 extattr support)

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 08:37:37PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
 > I don't think I'll be able to have this ready for netbsd-6, but I now know
 > this requires 2 changes that will require a kernel version bump, so theses
 > changes needs to go in before netbsd-6 is branched so that full
 > extended attributes support can be pulled up later.
 >
 > The fisrt change is to the buffer cache.

My first reaction is that I don't think it's a good idea to make major
changes to the buffer cache at this stage in a release cycle. It's not
exactly the most robust or stable code we have in the system.

(Also, you're aware that it isn't used for file data blocks, right?)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost