Re: buffer cache & ufs changes (preliminary ffsv2 extattr support)

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 08:37:37PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Althrough I've done 1 as a POC, I prefer solution 2 (the patch is mostly the
> same, with bflag remplaced by b_type). What do other think ?

(2) is conceptually what NTFS does IIUC. Consider a file to be a database
table to which arbitrary columns may be added, with column 0 containing all
the traditional octets, and some columns having special meaning.

I am not sure I like the idea, but it clearly is superior to option (1).

Martin