Re: upreempt_pri

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 11:19:54PM +0100, Lars Heidieker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to change upreempt_pri to default to 0 as this makes
> wakeups where the interrupted cpu schedules a thread on another cpu
> behave like as if it where scheduled on the interrupted cpu.

Are you talking about the case where the process being woken is bound
to another cpu, or just the case where is is runnable on any cpu?

When a condvar is signalled you don't actually want anything to
happen until the associated mutex is released, and then you need
the woken process to run on the same cpu.

This reduces the number of context switches and bouncing of data
between caches.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost