Re: RFC: import of posix_spawn GSoC results

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 02:43:08AM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> You realize that currently vfork() does not suspend all the threads
> in a threaded program, making it difficult to use...

I didn't.  That's kind of nifty, but I agree it's not exactly easy to
put to constructive use.

So the point of this is to avoid fork() in threaded programs, then?
That's not the rationale I remember seeing in the past -- I thought it
was supposed to improve performance in the general case.

Thor