Re: RFC: import of posix_spawn GSoC results

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 03:26:07PM -0500, Mouse wrote:
> This either has a very simplistic idea of what child processes do
> between forking and execing/exiting, or it doesn't actually buy you
> much.

Well, it only offers the common things like signal and file descriptor
manipulation. Of course it is not turing complete, and we are not talking
about removing vfork support either.

You can see what the standard says here:

  http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/basedefs/spawn.h.html

Martin