Re: [RFC] getgroups2 system call

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 08:19:42AM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
 > On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 01:10:19AM -0500, Matthew Mondor wrote:
 > > What does NFS do in this case?  I seem to remember that it also imposes
 > > a sane size limit, possibly even below NGROUPS_MAX, is it really the
 > > case?  If so, would this also be acceptable?
 >
 > FUSE people want the filesystem to accept POSIX_NGROUPS, otherwise they
 > call that a bug.

So they want to do it right, but this causes trouble on Linux? Why is
this *our* problem?

Also, has fuse really been around this long without ever having had
support for group lists? Are you really the first person who's ever
tried to use it for serious work?

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost