Re: [RFC] getgroups2 system call

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 07:45:11AM +0000, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> do you mean to implement fuse_getgroups for NetBSD with the sysctl?
> if you are adding a #ifdef NetBSD block to the fuse, can't it use
> a NetBSD-specific sidechannel to get the info from an appropriate
> puffs-supplied uucred?

FUSE filesystems are not PUFFS servers, they do not have access to
PUFFS-supplied uucred. perfused is the PUFFS server. It has the data,
but in order to pass it to the FUSE filesystem, the FUSE protocol
neds to be extended. As I explained in another post, I have not been
able to get consensus from FUSE maintainers on this extension. Therefore
I have to fallback to asynchronous fecth of secondary groups through
a system call.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost