Re: Patch: new random pseudodevice

I would hate to pay attention to sound input.  But crypto engines usually have
a thing like this, which may be based on multiple free running oscillators or
some such scheme.  (That's essentially what old time Ethernet chips like Lance
did -- though not Intel, which got it horribly wrong.)

The thing to do with any purported "true random number generator" in hardware
is to feed it into the entropy input of the /dev/random driver.  That way it
can do no harm and will do some good -- how much good depends on the merits of
the hardware.  For example, any question of systematic bias no longer matters.

        paul