Re: USB contigmalloc()

wiz@ wrote:

> Matthew Dillon implemented a solution for USB/graphics cards problem
> stemming from the fact that some time after the boot, they can't
> acquire enough contiguous memory.
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.dragonfly-bsd.kernel/14431
>
> Anyone interested in porting it or implementing something similar? :)

I think allocating physically contiguous large memory is a bad design
and I doubt reserving 16MB physical memory at boot time is acceptable
for all machines with USB.

Anyway, currently our udl(4) doesn't require such allocation,
but has more other problems:
http://cvsweb.NetBSD.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/usb/udl.c#rev1.1

---
Izumi Tsutsui