Re: A simple cpufreq(9)

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 02:35:02AM +0000, David Holland wrote:

> I'm sure at this point someone could put together a 36-bit machine out
> of FPGAs that ran fast enough to be used as a low-volume web server,
> and there are certainly heterogeneity advantages to such a platform.
> Maybe someone who knows enough about such things should actually do
> this :-)

Having used Altera's nios2 cpu, I'm sure I could write the logic for
a similar one! And I'm no VHDL expert at all...
Doing a 36bit version would be easy - all the fpga memory blocks
are 9 bits wide anyway.

The cache and mmu are probably harder than the cpu :-)

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost