Re: A simple cpufreq(9)

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 10:14:13AM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> For the in-kernel use it should be completely irrelevant what the
> property is.

Sigh. Answer my question then.

> Any automatic mechanism should only care about the associated properties
> (latency, reduction in power consumption etc).  I don't see any of that
> addressed at this point either.

If you read the original email again, it was not even the goal to address this.

But all specific things like latency and the specified reduction in power
consumption are going to be MD-specific implementation details. An MI
implementation should be designed so that it will work also when these are
missing. A basic design principle.

In order to be able to proceed incrementally, you need to start somewhere.

- Jukka.